Step One - Make Contact
Contact the Parish Office by phone at 402-556-1456 or email at [email protected].
Step Two - Make Connection
Someone from the parish will contact you to arrange a time to meet and fill out the baptism registration form.
Step Three - Learn Requirements
- Have completed the 16th year
- Be a Catholic who has been confirmed and has already received the Sacrament of the Eucharist
- Leads a life in harmony with the faith and the role to be undertaken
- Not be bound by any canonical penalty legitimately imposed or declared (i.e.: divorced & remarried and no annulment received);
- Not be the Father or Mother of the one to be baptized
- A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic ecclesial community can be witness, but not a Godparent
Baptism Class Requirement
- First child - Required
- More than two years since previous class - Required
Skip to Step Four if...
- It's been less than two years since a previous class was taken
- Family has three or more children
Step Three - Register Baptism Class
Only register for the class after filling out the Baptism Registration Form with someone from the parish.
Classes are offered the 1st Tuesday of the month at 7pm and the 3rd Saturday of the month at 9:15am
Classes last no longer than 90 minutes
Register here - https://calendly.com/jplorig/baptism or call the Parish Office at 402-556-1456
Step Four - Schedule Baptism
If a Baptism Class was required, then the Baptism will be scheduled at the end of the class otherwise they're scheduled when the Baptism Form is filled out.
Baptisms can be scheduled to take place after any weekend Masses (Saturday evening and Sunday Mornings)
Whoever the priest was for the Mass will perform the Baptism - unless
- There is a preference for a deacon
- There is a scheduling conflict for the priest