Rev. Norman Francis Hunke was born on October 4, 1947 in West Point, Nebraska. He attended St. Boniface School in West Point, Nebraska and St. Aloysius School in West Point, Nebraska. From 1960-1967 he attended St. John Vianney Minor Seminary in Elkhorn, Nebraska and from 1967-1973 he attended St. Paul Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota. He was ordained at St. Cecilia Cathedral in Omaha, Nebraska on May 25, 1973. In 1984 he attended Creighton University in addition to beginning his priestly ministry.
He was an Associate Pastor at St. Patrick Church in Fremont, Nebraska from 1973-1976. He then became as Associate Pastor at St. Bernadette Church in Omaha, Nebraska from 1976-1978 then moving to St. Cecilia Cathedral in Omaha, Nebraska as an Associate Pastor from 1978-1979. He served at Holy Cross Church in Omaha, Nebraska as an Associate Pastor from 1979-1984, and then on to St. John Vianney Church in Omaha, Nebraska as an Associate Pastor from 1984-1985.
From 1985-1990 he was Pastor at St. Mary Church in Laurel, Nebraska and St. Anne Church in Dixon, Nebraska with Campus Ministry at Wayne State College in Wayne, Nebraska. He became Pastor t St. Francis of Assisi in Humphrey, Nebraska from 1990-1995. Then he came back to St. Cecilia Cathedral in Omaha, Nebraska as Pastor from 1995-2005. He then founded St. Charles Borromeo Church in Gretna, Nebraska and served as their Pastor from 2005-2016. In August, 2016 he became Pastor at St. Thomas More Church in Omaha, Nebraska.